If I Knew Then Advice on careers, finance, and life from Harvard Business School's Class of 1963
Back to Top
- Tell your spouse and children that you love them every day, no matter how you feel.
- Do not bring your problems home with you.
- Realize the joy that comes from helping your spouse and children excel in their fields of interest and enjoy themselves.
- Develop within your family a sense of obligation to help others.
- Spending quality time with your family — not just time — is critical.
- Choose a spouse who will understand and support you, and one for whom you will do the same. Life is much better if you can help each other grow and expand your knowledge, experiences, friends, and capabilities.